Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2000/11/06 11:27:56 UTC

Proposed Release Schedule for Rest of Year

Hi, all

Just some ideas on my part; please sound off and let me know what you think.
These dates are informed by my knowledge of what _I_ am doing; if anyone
else (other than Karen) has stuff on the go that they'd like to incorporate
into the release schedule we'll tweak dates.

I propose to allow Karen's commits for properties to dictate the release
date for FOP-0_15_0, tentatively scheduled for mid-month (not that far
away). Once she's happy with integration of her stuff I'll also fold in my
fop-0_14_0_regions stuff.

Once that release is done I will (for my part) start adding initial column
support to CVS. This code is already at alpha (I'm tweaking column-balancing).

I propose to have a FOP-0_16_0 release for mid-December, sort of a XMas
release. The numbering update is driven by my assumption that column support
will be reasonably mature, and that footnotes may already also appear to
some reasonable degree, which seems quite likely. Hopefully we'll get some
other good stuff (for example, Keiron has constant SVG updates and we can
always re-publicize the SVG support).

Thanks for your time.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"