Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/11/02 02:48:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.29 and 2.0.48 with SSL binaries for Windows

I have just finished building the new Apache binaries for Windows.

Apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl and openssl
Apache 2.0.48 with mod_ssl (built-in), openssl and zlib

Only the newest files can be found here...
http://hunter.campbus.com/

MD5's, and all previous builds can be found here...
http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache/

In addition to OpenSSL (made with MASM) I also added zlib to build
mod_deflate.so in Apache 2.0.47-48 for those who are interested in using
it - it is not configured, just like the mod_ssl.so.

Note: some configuration is required.

I build to c:\apache so if you use the same directory your configuration
effort will be less, unless of course you are upgrading. Be careful
though, Apache 1.3.xx conf is different from Apache 2.0.xx, and very
early versions of Apache2 had differences with the latest versions.

To install Apache (2.0.xx), follow these simple steps.
(Apache 1.3.xx is similar but different)

1. create a directory (c:\apache) or if you are upgrading, save your
httpd.conf or it could be overwritten.

2. unzip the binaries into this directory - make certain you created the
sub-dirs.

3. go to the conf directory and edit httpd.conf or replace the
httpd.conf with the one you saved.

4. go to the 'bin' directory in a console.

Type the following commands:

- if you are already installed, type 'apache -k uninstall'
- then type 'apache -k install'
- then type 'apache -k start'

Check the error logs if it fails to start, but some configuration errors
will be displayed in your console. Apache also logs to the event log.

If you detect flaws in the build please email me so that I can fix them
as soon as possible. I don't use these binaries so I need you to tell me
if there is something wrong with them. I build a branded version in my
workplace and use Apache2 on Debian/GNU Linux at home.

Configuration questions should be directed to the list after reading the
documentation and searching the list archives - let everyone benefit
from the answers you get.

Chris Lewis