Posted to user@poi.apache.org by knagap <k....@gmail.com> on 2012/01/02 06:01:56 UTC

What is the difference between ss user model and HSSF & XSSF

Hi all,
We have a requirement to change the existing POI(3.2) to the latest. In the
existing model, HSSF user model is being used. I have done bit of
investigation on the upgrading part and found that it can be done using XSSF
directly or use an "ss" user model instead.

But what i couldn't understand is the difference between all three. Can
somebody explain when to use hssf, xssf and ss models.

Thank you.

Re: What is the difference between ss user model and HSSF & XSSF

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Sun, 1 Jan 2012, knagap wrote:
> But what i couldn't understand is the difference between all three. Can
> somebody explain when to use hssf, xssf and ss models.

SS is common for both .xls and .xlsx files. If you only want to target one
format, you can instead just pick the appropriate of XSSF and HSSF

Nick