Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kopemor <de...@knollenstein.nl> on 2009/08/11 10:25:01 UTC

How to omit generated jar version number?

I am generating a JAR artifact and in my pom.xml I should specify a version
of that JAR in a version tag. However, I want Maven to generate a JAR file
without the version number, i.e.FooComponent.jar.

If I remove a version tag, maven reports me of an error.

Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Re: How to omit generated jar version number?

Posted by kopemor <de...@knollenstein.nl>.
Thank you Ketil. It helped!

Posted by Ketil Aasarød <ke...@gmail.com>.