Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Serkant Karaca <s....@sys-inc.com> on 2004/10/19 14:59:01 UTC

applicationresources file encoding problem

I'm using struts in JDeveloper. We have to use Turkish characters in our
application. The applicationresources file has plenty of Turkish message
strings which involves non ACSII characters. When I run the application,
I see those strings in applicationresource file are corrupted. But there
is no problem with the characters which I wrote into pure JSP pages.
What is wrong with my configuration. I also used the web.xml filter
mapping for encoding. But it didn't work. Please help...

Thanks.
Serkant Karaca
Software Eng. SYS.INC.
www.internetteyim.net <http://www.internetteyim.net/>

Re: applicationresources file encoding problem

Posted by Tuncay Baskan <tb...@gmail.com>.
Selam Serkan,

> I'm using struts in JDeveloper. We have to use Turkish characters in our
> application. The applicationresources file has plenty of Turkish message
> strings which involves non ACSII characters. When I run the application,
> I see those strings in applicationresource file are corrupted. But there

This happens because property files read with ISO8859-1 character
encoding. Thus, you need to convert your Turkish resources file to
UTF-8.
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html)

You can use native2ascii standard Java tool that comes with JDK. It is
in the "bin" directory of your installation. Also, ant has a task for
this.

Hope this helps..
/tb.