Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Scott Ryan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 23:06:22 UTC

Atomic Integer missing when deploying Grails 1.3.4 application to Geronimo 2.2

I am trying to deploy a grails 1.3.4 application to geronimo 2.2 and have used the following geronimo-web.xml file in my application.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
    <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>com.triplecreekassociates</groupId>
            <artifactId>OM5</artifactId>
            <version>5.0.0-RC1</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
        <hidden-classes>
            <filter>org.springframework</filter>
            <filter>org.apache.cxf</filter>
            <filter>org.apache.commons</filter>
        </hidden-classes>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/om5</context-root>
</web-app>

There is a lot of conflicting information on how to do this deployment but when I run with this configuration from the IBM developer site website I get the following error:

2010-10-18 15:52:23,149 ERROR [StackTrace] Sanitizing stacktrace:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GroovyCategorySupport.getCategoryNameUsage(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/concurrent/atomic/AtomicInteger;
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.<init>(AbstractCallSite.java:46)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.<init>(CallSiteArray.java:35)
	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$createCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$getCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.<init>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
	at CkeditorUrlMappings.<clinit>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)

Do I have a mismatch in the server I am trying to use since groovy has been upgraded in grails recently?

Scott Ryan

Re: Atomic Integer missing when deploying Grails 1.3.4 application to Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Scott Ryan <sr...@gmail.com>.
I have not tried as yet as I am on planes this week.  I intend to try over the weekend as well as upgrade to 3.0 and try that version of Geronimo as well and will provide feedback as soon as I have results

Scott Ryan
President/CTO
Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
scott@theryansplace.com
(303) 263-3044

Posted by Scott Ryan <sr...@gmail.com>.
I tried the suggestion and got the following error which i bet is due to 2.2 having a very old version of groovy.  i am going to try to upgrade to Geronimo 3.0 M1 and see if that gives me better results.  I am trying to get some form of tomcat with a console which is how I got to gernonimo and the ability to add and manage data source connections from that console.  Also need to use ActiveMQ and Camel.  I will update if 3.0 has any better luck

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.createConstructorSite(Lorg/codehaus/groovy/runtime/callsite/CallSite;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/codehaus/groovy/runtime/callsite/CallSite;
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.createCallConstructorSite(CallSiteArray.java:73)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:52)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:192)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:196)

Scott Ryan

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 18, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Scott Ryan wrote:

> I am trying to deploy a grails 1.3.4 application to geronimo 2.2 and have used the following geronimo-web.xml file in my application.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
>     <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>         <moduleId>
>             <groupId>com.triplecreekassociates</groupId>
>             <artifactId>OM5</artifactId>
>             <version>5.0.0-RC1</version>
>             <type>war</type>
>         </moduleId>
>         <hidden-classes>
>             <filter>org.springframework</filter>
>             <filter>org.apache.cxf</filter>
>             <filter>org.apache.commons</filter>
>         </hidden-classes>
>     </environment>
>     <context-root>/om5</context-root>
> </web-app>
>
> There is a lot of conflicting information on how to do this deployment but when I run with this configuration from the IBM developer site website I get the following error:
>

> 2010-10-18 15:52:23,149 ERROR [StackTrace] Sanitizing stacktrace:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GroovyCategorySupport.getCategoryNameUsage(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/concurrent/atomic/AtomicInteger;
> 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.<init>(AbstractCallSite.java:46)
> 	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.<init>(CallSiteArray.java:35)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$createCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.$getCallSiteArray(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.<init>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at CkeditorUrlMappings.<clinit>(CkeditorUrlMappings.groovy)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
>

> Do I have a mismatch in the server I am trying to use since groovy has been upgraded in grails recently?

I have no idea about this but will note that AFAICT reasonably up to date groovy doesn't seem to work with maven 3, the gmaven plugin seems pretty completely broken.  I got weird errors about something like a class isn't an instance of its superclass.  It made me think that there is something dreadfully wrong in groovy classloading, but I have no actual evidence for this and have no idea how to investigate.  I'd say if you can try with an earlier groovy version you might make more progress.

david jencks