Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Joerg Lensing <in...@softcon-lensing.de> on 2003/05/09 21:24:40 UTC

bug or feature? RepositoryPersistor.buildRepository() returns Object without any values from xml-files

hi all,
this method works without any errors. repository.xml can be found by ojb
- BUT, the returned
object has no values from xml-file(s). I use rc3 from cvs-screenshot.

Can someone give me a hint?

joerg

Re: bug or feature? RepositoryPersistor.buildRepository() returns Object without any values from xml-files

Posted by Joerg Lensing <in...@softcon-lensing.de>.
hi armin,
thanx for your help!
shame on me!!!!
the problem occurs, if i omit some necessary values in repository.xml .
It seems that it
runs right now

nice weekend

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Joerg,

I re-activate the uncommented test. The
test passed well (check out current CVS)
Below you could find the test.

Could you add a new test to RepositoryPersistorTest
test case to reproduce your problem, or does the
problem only occur within tomcat?

regards,
Armin

/** Test storing/read repository.*/
 public void testStoreReadConnectionRepository() throws Exception
 {
  String filename = "test_repository_database.xml";
        DescriptorRepository repository =
MetadataManager.getInstance().getRepository();
        ConnectionRepository conRepository =
MetadataManager.getInstance().connectionRepository();
        int connectionCount = conRepository.getAllDescriptor().size();

        FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(filename);
        RepositoryPersistor persistor = new RepositoryPersistor();
        persistor.writeToFile(repository, conRepository, fos);

        ConnectionRepository second =
persistor.readConnectionRepository(filename);
##### use HashMap jcdMap
        int connectionCount2 = second.getAllDescriptor().size();

##### use Hashtable jcdAliasToPBKeyMap

        PBKey defaultKey =
second.getStandardPBKeyForJcdAlias(TestHelper.DEF_JCD_ALIAS);
        assertNotNull(defaultKey);
        assertEquals(TestHelper.DEF_KEY, defaultKey);

#### jcdMap is not empty
        assertTrue(connectionCount2 > 0);
        assertEquals("read in persisted connection repository should
have same number of classes",
            connectionCount, connectionCount2);
 }

Posted by Joerg Lensing <in...@softcon-lensing.de>.
Hi Armin,
the testcase you mentioned doesn't run the part for reading the
repository_database.xml. It is commented out.

Posted by Joerg Lensing <in...@softcon-lensing.de>.
Armin Waibel schrieb:

>Hi Joerg,
>
>this method is private and was used by e.g
>public methods
>
>ConnectionRepository readConnectionRepository(String filename)
>DescriptorRepository readDescriptorRepository(String filename)
>
>further on we have a test case RepositoryPersistorTest
>use one of this methods. If buildRepository(...) returns no values
>this test should fail.
>Could you describe a little more detailed when
>this method returns no values?
>
>regards,
>Armin

Hi Armin,

i start with
    >Implementation odmg = OJB.getInstance();
at the start of Tomcat (PlugIn-Interface)

later in MetadataManager.init():
    >globalRepository = new
RepositoryPersistor().readDescriptorRepository(repository);