Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Becker <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/26 19:35:50 UTC

Storing requests in an xml file

Hi,

my page has a form where you can fill in some things. After sending the page
I want to store the requests in an xml file (No, I don't want to store them
in a database).
What would be the right approach for this?

Regards
Jonny

Re: Storing requests in an xml file

Posted by Oleg Dulin <du...@olegdulin.com>.
It is actually very easy to do:

RequestGenerator will turn HTTP request into XML
XSLTransformer  - to convert it into the form u need and add "<source:"
tags for the next transformer
SourceWritingTransformer -- to write it to a file

done.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Johannes Becker dijo:
> Hi,
>
> my page has a form where you can fill in some things. After sending the
> page  I want to store the requests in an xml file (No, I don't want to
> store them  in a database).
> What would be the right approach for this?

You would use Woody+Woody Binding Framework. A sample of that you can see
in cocoon: http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/form2xml.flow

For more info about the woody binding framework, see:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyBinding

Note: All this stuff can be avaliable since Cocoon 2.1.2

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo