Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com> on 2010/03/14 02:18:13 UTC

[lang] LANG-607 StringUtils.containsAny methods incorrectly matches Unicode 2.0+ supplementary characters.

Hi All:

I just encountered an interesting issue while looking at the source for the JRE String class and our own StringUtils class. In one method at least we are not accounting for Unicode supplementary characters.

For details, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-607 StringUtils.containsAny methods incorrectly matches Unicode 2.0+ supplementary characters.

What I think this is fixed by [LANG-607] and is worth watching for in other methods and classes.

I am not sure if we need a ticket to cover a general survey for all of [lang] but at least we know about it.

Gary Gregory
Senior Software Engineer
Seagull Software
email: ggregory@seagullsoftware.com