Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/03 21:37:47 UTC

Is Export to J2EE Environment Possible?

I really like the way Cocoon can export (i.e. publish) to a simple HTML serving environment, especially since there is very little Cocoon hosting out there.

However, my site containes significant dynamic behavior, pipelines, etc..

Would it somehow be possible to bundle cocoon plus the applicaiton into one single WAR file that would operate in any J2EE hosting environment?  It would probably be a big file: cocoon + xerces + xalan + app + yada + yada + yada.  However, it would sure open the door to a lot more shared hosting solutions.

Steve Punte

steve@candlelightsoftware.com

Re: Is Export to J2EE Environment Possible?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Steven Punte wrote:

> I really like the way Cocoon can export (i.e. publish) to a simple
> HTML serving environment, especially since there is very little Cocoon
> hosting out there.
>
> However, my site containes significant dynamic behavior, pipelines, etc..
>
> Would it somehow be possible to bundle cocoon plus the applicaiton
> into one single WAR file

IIRC:
build -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
and you get cocoon.war

See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/

> It would probably be a big file: cocoon + xerces + xalan + app + yada
> + yada + yada.

13 Mb, YMMV.

Vadim