Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gateway0 <re...@yahoo.de> on 2009/08/03 01:30:19 UTC

Solr failing on "y" charakter in string?

Hi,

I have the following setting:
schema.xml:
"<field name="kunde" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />"
the "text" field-type was updated with the "preserveOriginal=1" option in
the schema

I have the following string indexd in the field "kunde"
"Harry Heim KG"

Now when I search for "kunde:harry*" it gives me an empty result.

When I search for "kunde:harry" I get the right result. Also "kunde:harr*"
works just fine.

The strange thing is that with every other string (for example
"kunde:heim*") I will get the right result.

So why not on "harry*" with an "y*" at the end?

kind regards, S.

Re: When to optimize?

Posted by Matt Weber <ma...@mattweber.org>.
I would say once a day is a pretty good rule of thumb.  If you think
this is a bit much and if you have few updates you can probably back
that off to once every couple days to once a week.  However, if you
have a large batch update or your query performance starts to degrade,
you will need to optimize your index.

Thanks,

Matt Weber

When to optimize?

Re: Advice on updating solr indexes

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
There is a special-purpose feature that solves exactly this problem: it
assigns the score for a particular field from a file which contains every
known value of the field and a matching float.

Doing a quick scan of the code, this seems to be how it works: the
declaration of the field in schema.xml contains the fact that its score is
derived from an external file. It can only be done on fields defined 'float'
(not 'sfloat'). Each query may give a file name and the field name. This
file should be sorted by the values of the field. It will be loaded and
cached and a future query may give only the field name.
Again, this description may not be completely right. (The float/sfloat thing
might be wrong, for example.) The parameters for this feature are buried in
the Solr source. There is no mention of this feature in the wiki.

The files are:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/function/FileFloatSource.java
and

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/ExternalFileField.java

I have not tried any of this. Should you try this feature and get it
working, please  document it on the wiki :)  Also, if there are any bugs or
gotchas, please post a Jira issue.
 --
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Solr failing on "y" charakter in string?

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

> I have a Solr text field and when I use Solr's field analysis tool, it
> shows that wildcard queries are being stemmed.  But query results indicate
> that it is not.  It looks like there is a bug in the tool.

I am in agreement. Seems like a bug to me.

Cheers
Avlesh

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ensdorf Ken <En...@zoominfo.com>.
> Ok still not working with new field "text_two":
> "<str name="q">text:"Har*" text_two:"Har*"</str>"
> ==> result 0
>
> Schema Updates:
> "
> <fieldType name="text_two" class="solr.TextField"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>       <analyzer type="index">
>       <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>       </analyzer>
>           <analyzer type="query">
>           <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>           <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>           </analyzer>
>     </fieldType>
>

> <field name="text_two" type="text_two" indexed="true" stored="false"
> multiValued="true"/>
>
> <copyField source="text" dest="text_two"/>
> "

I'm pretty sure the query string needs to be lower-case, since a wildcard query is not analyzed.

I think what Avlesh was suggesting was more like this:

"<str name="q">text:"Har" text_two:"har*"</str>"

So the original field would be for a regular query containing whatever the user entered and would undergo the usual analysis for searching, and the secondary field would be used to construct a wildcard query which would strictly serve the "begins-with" case.

-Ken

Re: Solr failing on "y" charakter in string?

Posted by gateway0 <re...@yahoo.de>.
Ok still not working with new field "text_two":
"<str name="q">text:"Har*" text_two:"Har*"</str>"
==> result 0

Schema Updates:
"
<fieldType name="text_two" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
      <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
          <analyzer type="query">
          <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
          </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

<field name="text_two" type="text_two" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>

<copyField source="text" dest="text_two"/>
"

This is what you suggested, right?

kind regards, S.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.