Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2014/08/23 07:54:58 UTC

(STRATOS-716) Support for manual scaling

Hi Nirmal,

How about increasing/changing the min and max on the go, rather than
manually adding nodes?

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: (STRATOS-716) Support for manual scaling

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
hmm... We use deployment policies to give an idea about order and limits of
partitions.

How about giving freedom to change the min and max of deployment policy?
Then the user can think and use deployment policies wisely.

E.g. If he need to control min/max just for one cluster, he should give a
particular policy for that cluster and only for that cluster.
Or if he think it is fine to control min/max of two clusters from one
policy, he can use one policy for both subscriptions.

We face this problem when addressing seasonal patterns as well.

E.g. Cluster A needs to handle higher load in first week of the year. So
user decides to have minimum of 4 instances in that particular week,
instead of the minimum of 2, that it normally has.

We can handle both scenarios same way.

Thanks.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.