Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/12 10:47:26 UTC

Distributed Search problem

I'm trying to search directly from the index in hdfs so in distributed mode

What do I have wrong ?

created  nutch/conf/search-servers.txt with
 localhost 8100

pointed  search.dir in nutch-site.xml to nutch/conf

tried to start search server with either :
 + nutch server 8100  crawl
 + nutch server 8100 hdfs://localhost:9000/user/nutch/crawl

The nutch server command doesn't return to prompt ???
Is this normal should I wait ?

And of course if I try a search it doesn't work

--
-MilleBii-

Re: Distributed Search problem

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
I wouldn't.  If you want to reparse or analyze that content later you
are going to need the segments.  True it saves space but the content is
the most important part for further analysis.  If you know you are not
going to do any further analysis on it then yes, it can be deleted.

Dennis

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.