Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Konstantin Piroumian <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2000/10/17 10:44:14 UTC

Adding XSL params in XSP

Hi!

Is there a way to add stylesheet params from the XSP page.
For example: I have some logic in the XSP page which is produces some values
that I need in XSL that transforms the page into HTML.
Is there something like:
<xsp:add-stylesheet-param>?

I know that Oracle's XSQL servlet has such a possibility.

I know how to use stylesheet params when I get values from requests.
And I know that I can generate specific XML tags instead of params, e.g.:
<navigator rowcount="100"/>

But I only want put this line in my XSL:
<xsl:param name="rowcount">0</xsl:param>

And do something like this in the XSP page:
<xsp:add-stylesheet-param><xsp:expr>getParamFromWhateverYou
Want()</xsp:expr></xsp:add-stylesheet-param>

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian
Software Engineer
Email: kpiroumian@flagship.ru

Re: Adding XSL params in XSP

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to add stylesheet params from the XSP page.
> For example: I have some logic in the XSP page which is produces some values
> that I need in XSL that transforms the page into HTML.
> Is there something like:
> <xsp:add-stylesheet-param>?

nope, we have no such facility. might be fun to add it tho.

> I know that Oracle's XSQL servlet has such a possibility.
>
> I know how to use stylesheet params when I get values from requests.
> And I know that I can generate specific XML tags instead of params, e.g.:
> <navigator rowcount="100"/>

that's the best way to go about doing it without mucking around in the
cocoon source code.

- donald