Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2012/05/21 06:25:53 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.10.1

Hello all,

Voting thread for 0.10.0 release didn't receive enough votes and that's why
I'm starting a new vote for Libcloud 0.10.1 (1340892).

This release contains the same changes as the unreleased 0.10.0 plus all
the changes which went into trunk after tagging the 0.10.0 release.

Release artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/

Release highlights:

General:

- Allow user to specify which IP to use when calling deploy_node
  (defaults to 'public_ips'). Previously it only worked with public IP, now
  user can pass 'private_ips' as an argument and SSH client will try to
  connect to the node first private IP address.

Compute:

- New driver for Joyent cloud (http://www.joyentcloud.com/)
- New driver for VCL cloud (
http://www.educause.edu/blog/hes8/CloudComputingandtheVirtualCom/167931)
- A lot of improvements and new features in the Brightbox driver
- Support for Vmware vCloud version 1.5
- Modify ParamikoSSHClient to connect to the SSH agent and automatically
look for private keys in ~/.ssh if the 'auth' and 'ssh_key' argument is not
specified when calling deploy_node.
- Modify IBM driver so it works with IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise

Storage:

- Support for uploading large files in the CloudFiles driver
- New driver for OpenStack Swift installations based on the CloudFiles
driver

Bug fixes:

- Fix a bug in the CloudSigma Las Vegas compute driver

Full change log can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/tags/0.10.1/CHANGES?revision=r1340892&view=markup
.

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.10.1

Vote closes on Monday, May 28th, 2012 at 12:00 PST.

Thanks,
Tomaz

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.10.1

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
So far we have 3 binding +1's:

- Me (explicit)
- Jed
- Hutson

I will upload release artifacts and post a release announcement tomorrow
morning. Thanks everyone for their votes.

- Tomaz

Posted by Hutson Betts <hu...@gmail.com>.
[tox summary]

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org>.