Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 23:58:03 UTC

Method Calls

I am looking for the various method calls (entry points) in the inter tier
communication.

When the client submits a job for map-reduce, what is the sequence of calls
started, e.g Node Manager to Resource Manager or Container to App Master.
How is the App Master Child JVM spawned etc.

Does any one have a high level call flow / sequence diagram?

Thanks,
Rajesh

[image: MapReduce NextGen Architecture]

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Both these blogs are awesome.

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Method Calls

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

I think you should take a look at yarn architecture blog series. I found
them useful when I started working on YARN (
http://hortonworks.com/blog/introducing-apache-hadoop-yarn/) This will give
you a very good picture about communication between different modules and
roles played by them.

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for the various method calls (entry points) in the inter tier
> communication.
>
> When the client submits a job for map-reduce, what is the sequence of
> calls started, e.g Node Manager to Resource Manager or Container to App
> Master. How is the App Master Child JVM spawned etc.
>
> Does any one have a high level call flow / sequence diagram?
>
> Thanks,
> Rajesh
>

> [image: MapReduce NextGen Architecture]

--