Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea Bertone <an...@bertoneadvertising.com> on 2000/11/28 01:19:02 UTC

Installation

Not only am I new to Tomcat but I'm new to Linux and Apache also... Newbie
Central here!

I have a dedicated server and after sending my brain into meltdown trying to
install Tomcat I decided to pay the hosting company to install it for me.
Now that I have been studying a bit it seems that they didn't install it
correctly... When I try to view a jsp page I upload, it wants to download
the page rather than view it. (That's on ie for windows.) On ie for mac I
get the source code as the page (I think what I am trying to say is it's not
parsing) Are there any user friendly installation instructions. I get so
lost with the Users Guide on jakarta.apache.org.

Can anyone help?

Andrea Bertone