Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Ar...@mayo.edu> on 2003/04/15 21:29:40 UTC

Chainable Filter

Has there ever been any thought of adding Kelvin Tan's Chainable Filter to the Lucene Package proper?  Since  a few people are using, it seems that it would be better to maintain it with the official lucene source.

Also, several of the links are broken (including the link to the Chainable Filter - hence a second reason for adding it to the source... Since there is no other official source) on the contributions page.

Dan

Re: Chainable Filter

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
>>From the Javadocs:

 * A ChainableFilter allows multiple filters to be chained,
 * the resulting bitset depending on the logic applied.

 * Order in which filters are called depends on
 * the position of the filter in the chain. It's probably
 * more efficient to place the most restrictive filters
 * /least computationally-intensive filters first.

I guess the name ChainableFilter would be more appropriately called a
FilterChain, except that its name wouldnt obviously suggest it being a Filter,
which it is. Perhaps ChainedFilter?

Re: Chainable Filter

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> +1 on adding ChainableFilter
>

> On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 03:29  PM, Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
>
>> Has there ever been any thought of adding Kelvin Tan's Chainable
>> Filter to the Lucene Package proper?  Since  a few people are using,
>> it seems that it would be better to maintain it with the official
>> lucene source.
>>
>> Also, several of the links are broken (including the link to the
>> Chainable Filter - hence a second reason for adding it to the
>> source... Since there is no other official source) on the
>> contributions page.
>>
>> Dan

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Chainable Filter

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.