Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sankar <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/13 22:17:31 UTC

browse for folder button

Hi,
I have a problem in JSP/HTML pages. I want to have a browse for folder button
in a JSP page. The requirement is such that I want to allow the
user to click on this button and select a particular folder for storing some files.
When user selects a particluar folder the full folder path should appear
in a text box. Please don't mistake this as "saving a file to a particluar
folder". In my case I don't want to save any file.I just want to get
the folder path from the user and store it for later use.
I tried using <INPUT TYPE=file> button of html. But this button
allows me to only select a file.It will not allow me to select just a folder
. SO I am stuck here. Any clues in this will be greatly helpful.
Thanks in advance..

rgds
Sankarshana M