Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Schneider <Da...@tecfa.unige.ch> on 2001/01/23 17:54:31 UTC

Re: Cocoon 1.8.1 don't work java,error Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

LEBRETON Philippe wrote:

> I have install Cocoon 1.8.1 with Tomcat 3.2.1 and JDK 1.1.8 under debian
> 2.2
> when i call  Cocoon.xml, the error is :
>  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Double: method parseDouble(Ljava/lang/String;)D not found

I'd try java 2 (JDK 1.2.x something).  parseDouble probably does not exist
with your JDK 1.1.8

parseDouble

      public static double parseDouble(String s)
                                throws NumberFormatException

            Returns a new double initialized to the value represented by the specified
String, as
            performed by the valueOf method of class Double.
            Parameters:
                  s - the string to be parsed.
            Returns:
                  the double value represented by the string argument.
            Throws:
                  NumberFormatException - if the string does not contain a parsable
double.
            Since:
                  JDK1.2
            See Also: