Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/01/28 09:56:50 UTC

Re: Error on Shipping Estimate deletion

Hi Abdullah,

On Jan 28, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Abdullah Shaikh wrote:

> After looking into ShipmentServices.java's removeShipmentEstimate method
> which actually deletes the Shipping Estimate, it also try to delete the
> related entity records from WeightQuantityBreak, QuantityQuantityBreak &
> PriceQuantityBreak.
>
> The Shipping Estimate which I configured for eCommerce was using the Weight
> Break Id  "0 - 0 [RentalStore]" which is also being used by Open Travel
> system store and that's why it couldn't delete because of foreign key
> constraint.
>
> Should the removeShipmentEstimate also delete the related entries from
> QuantityBreak tables ?

No, in my opinion it shouldn't delete the QuantityBreak records.
However the code seems to be written in order to only *attempt* to delete the records:

        try {
            if (estimate.get("weightBreakId") != null) {
                delegator.removeRelated("WeightQuantityBreak", estimate);
            }
        } catch (GenericEntityException e) {
            Debug.logInfo("Not removing WeightQuantityBreak records related to ShipmentCostEstimate [" + shipmentCostEstimateId + "] because they are used by other entities.", module);
        }
        return ServiceUtil.returnSuccess();

but this doesn't seem to work as expected: my guess is that when the error is thrown the transaction is rolled back.
The quick solution is to comment the above code but it would be nice to verify if there is a better way to avoid the rollback (I am forwarding this mail to the dev list).

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thank you for the reference, I have now resolved that ticket.

Jacopo

Posted by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@viithiisys.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Abdullah,