Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by tr...@hsbc.ca on 2002/08/07 20:41:26 UTC

Problems with multi-threaded SOAP calls

Hi,

I'm running into a java.net.SocketException when trying multi-threaded SOAP
calls.

The exception is thrown by the
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(InetAddress, int) method.  This
method call results from the call to
org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.buildSocket.    I'm using SOAP 2.2.
(with a workaround for the problem with instantiating the
java.text.SimpleDateFormat with multiple threads), but I've noticed the
problem with SOAP 2.3 as well.

Has anyone encountered this problem, or know of the cause or a solution?

Thanks
  Trevor