Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mike <mi...@vee.net> on 2000/12/11 10:07:51 UTC

FOP and tables

Hi guys,

Is anyone working on improving table support at the moment? I'd like to
fix a few things, but I don't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts.

I was going to look at implementing fo:table-header, fo:table-footer and
fixing a bug with column borders.

Cheers,
Mike.

--
? Mike Gratton - mike@vee.net
! Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.

Re: FOP and tables

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Mike,

As Fotis mentioned I have done some work on tables.
Including colspan, table headers, footers, keep-with-next,
keep-with-previous, widows, orphans.
My implementation of footers needs some adjusting.

Regarding my code I have found two problems relating to Hani's examples
which I have found the solution to.

I think at this time the best thing we could use is plenty of fo examples
that cover tables. I got lost trying to think of all the possible
combinations.

Unless anyone objects I will commit my changes to tables.

Re: FOP and tables

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Mike.

> Is anyone working on improving table support at the moment? I'd like to
> fix a few things, but I don't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts.
>
> I was going to look at implementing fo:table-header, fo:table-footer and
> fixing a bug with column borders.

Yes, Karen Leach - and Keiron send a message to the list just a few
days ago, that he has implemented headers and footers and offered
his code.

You can find his letter here (all in one line):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-
dev&m=97627281403550&w=2

Fotis