Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve McKay <sb...@neo.rr.com> on 2002/04/20 18:44:36 UTC

Compiling and using mod_auth_mysql for Apache 2.0.35

Has anyone successfully been able to compile either mod_auth_mysql.so, or mod_auth_mysql.dll for Windows?

I'm completely at a loss as to how to get the mod_auth_mysql.c source file compiled to either an .so or .dll file, and then link it to apache.  I've tried looking at the docs online at apache.org, but it's not very clear how to do this.  Of course, just putting the .so or .dll in the modules directory, then using the LoadModule directive doesn't work.  Since when is anything that easy with apache (aside from installing the .msi package to begin with) ;-) ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW, I do have Visual C++ 6 available - I just haven't figured out how to compile or link apache module source files, so they can be used with it.