Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/02 22:17:48 UTC

Code contribution to Apache MXNet with a BSD 3 clause

Hi All,
We've worked with our friends in Cupertino to build a tool that converts
MXNet models to their CoreML format so you can build iOS and MacOS apps
with it in XCode.

Apple had done the initial work on this tool and sent us their code to
finish and maintain going forward. We are ready to make it available for
use and would like to make a PR to commit it to Apache MXNet in the next
day.

Attached is their license file that goes along with the code. Please let me
know if there are any issues or concerns with this.

Thanks!
--

Dominic Divakaruni
206.475.9200 Cell

Re: Code contribution to Apache MXNet with a BSD 3 clause

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM Dominic Divakaruni <
dominic.divakaruni@gmail.com> wrote:

> +general@incubator
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:22 AM Dominic Divakaruni <
> dominic.divakaruni@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Legal-discuss@ to Bcc
>>
>> Thanks, John. The code will be part of Apache MXNet and our team will
>> commit to maintaining this. I will reach out to Apple, but I am not
>> optimistic they will make any changes.
>>
>> Sounds like we are ok either way. So thanks!

We're OK to start an IP Clearance.  We're not OK with you just dumping it
into your repos yet.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com>.
+general@incubator

Posted by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com>.
+general@incubator

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:22 AM Dominic Divakaruni <

Posted by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com>.
Legal-discuss@ to Bcc

Posted by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com>.
Legal-discuss@ to Bcc