Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2019/09/05 14:07:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] De-emphasizing the microservice APIs.

Hi all,

I'd like to propose that Juneau de-emphasize the microservice APIs.
This wouldn't mean removing the existing projects, but rather removing
references to it on the home page and instead focusing on how Juneau
can be used in other existing microservice frameworks.

Spring Boot appears to be a clear winner in the marketplace for
developing microservices.  We've shown that Juneau can be used within
and provide useful functionality in that environment.  While other
aspects of Juneau continue to improve (marshalling, REST, config), the
microservice APIs have been stagnant for a while.  This may be due to
the fact that it hasn't caught on, and is not surprising since the API
is rather immature and hasn't had resources devoted to it like the
other parts of the platform.

Thoughts?