Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Dmitry.Kovalev" <Dm...@osr.nsw.gov.au> on 2009/10/14 07:44:58 UTC

The system is attempting to access an inactive service

After restarting WSO2, VFS transport hangs if listener proxy is off on
startup.

That happens only when transport accesses an inactive proxy which never been
started in the current session. If I start and then stop it, the problem
goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

2009-10-02 16:55:14,272 ERROR : VFSTransportListener - Error processing File
URI : sftp://esb:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxpp2/home/ucmxfer/test/IN/dump.synapce84.csv
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The system is attempting to access an inactive
service: ccs-ucm-listener
at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisConfiguration.getService(AxisConfiguration.java:755)
at
org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.processFile(VFSTransportListener.java:404)
at
org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.scanFileOrDirectory(VFSTransportListener.java:241)
at
org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.onPoll(VFSTransportListener.java:145)
at
org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractPollingTransportListener$1$1.run(AbstractPollingTransportListener.java:94)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: The system is attempting to access an inactive service

Posted by "Dmitry.Kovalev" <Dm...@osr.nsw.gov.au>.
Asankha,

Yes if services been started at least ones, there will be no problem,
There is also similar issue, If I supply wrong password for sftp polling
proxy, vfstransport will aggressively polls even if the proxy is off by
default.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Dmitry
> After restarting WSO2, VFS transport hangs if listener proxy is off on
> startup.

Are you using the WSO2 version or Synapse? Can you let me know the
version of Synapse which is in use?
> That happens only when transport accesses an inactive proxy which never been
> started in the current session. If I start and then stop it, the problem
> goes away.

This sounds like a problem with stopping and restarting the service with
the WSO2 UI? .. for example, if you leave the service on as default - it
works right?

cheers
asankha

--