Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Manan Shah <ma...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/13 02:13:57 UTC

Binary download for CloudStack 4.0, 4.0.1?

Hi,

Where can I go to find the binary download for CloudStack 4.0 or 4.0.1? If
I go to the downloads page, I don't see any location for download the
binary for 4.0.1 and if I click on the binary download for 4.0 (at the
bottom of the page), it points to a 3.0.2 binary.

Can someone let me know?

http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/downloads.html

Regards,
Manan Shah

RE: Usage Server

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
FYI:  depending on what your end goal is with usage server - if you want to write your own usage tracker - its certainly doable. If you are going this route and want to open source it - you will have a community to support you on the effort.

If you want quick easy solution and don't have dev resources to invest, look into Amysta billing module.

Posted by "Jake G." <dj...@yahoo.com>.

Hi Basha,
That doc is for CS 3.x and does not have information on setting up the usage server.

________________________________
Posted by "S.M Basha" <sm...@gmail.com>.
Jake,

RE: Usage Server

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Halation,

Please file a documentation defect on this.

Thank you
-Radhika

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hey Jake,

To track this issue, I have filed a doc defect at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1254

Thanks
-Radhika

That was the information I needed. Installed and configured now. Thank you

________________________________

Re: Usage Server

Posted by "Jake G." <dj...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Usage Server

Posted by halation <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jake,

Re: Usage Server

Re: Usage Server

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi jake,

I assume you are referring to the line "This requires extra steps beyond just installing the CloudStack software. See Installing the Usage Server (Optional) in the Advanced Installation Guide".

This is "probably" a copy paste left over from the older Citrix docs (I'll open a JIRA ticket to make sure). Maybe someone else can chime in here. AFAIK, this documentation is complete enough to start collecting usage data from events.

Hth.

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

[cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]

M: +91 98860 60539
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> | Twitter:@shapeblue

Re: Usage Server

Posted by "Jake G." <Dj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Shanker,

Re: Usage Server

Usage Server

Posted by "Jake G." <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Binary download for CloudStack 4.0, 4.0.1?

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.
Look in the section "Getting CloudStack from a Package Repository".

Binary RPM and DEB packages are available.

Further, there is a link "Configure package
repository<http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/configure-package-repository.html>"
you can use so just (for example) "yum upgrade" should work.

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.