Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/01/12 22:30:21 UTC

Feature Freeze

APR's development cycle is currently very much tied to Apache 2.0's cycle,
for better or worse.  Apache 2.0 is about to hit beta, and I would believe
that means that APR is going to go beta at the same time.

Because we want to hit beta ASAP, I would like to ask that APR is in
feature freeze until we actually roll the beta.  This does not mean that
the APR_DECLARE patches will stop being applied, because those are 100%
bug fixes for platforms like Windows.

Thoughts?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Feature Freeze

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Items that are basically ready and waiting for removal of the freeze, into
the STATUS file in a separate section or a new file?

david
> APR's development cycle is currently very much tied to Apache 2.0's cycle,
> for better or worse.  Apache 2.0 is about to hit beta, and I would believe
> that means that APR is going to go beta at the same time.
>
> Because we want to hit beta ASAP, I would like to ask that APR is in
> feature freeze until we actually roll the beta.  This does not mean that
> the APR_DECLARE patches will stop being applied, because those are 100%
> bug fixes for platforms like Windows.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Ryan

___

Re: Feature Freeze

Posted by dean gaudet <de...@arctic.org>.
the apr_fileinfo_t changes sound like they're necessary and since they
break the API a freeze doesn't sound like a good idea...

-dean