Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/06/19 16:36:07 UTC

MPM patches

Dean,

How do you want to handle MPM patches? Feed through you or apply
to the tree directly?

mpm

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Uh oops some old stuff I never got around to reading.

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Michael H. Voase wrote:
> >
> > Gday ,
> >
> > 	First up , Deans new MPM fork is brilliant .
>
> Agreed. I think it's most likely the framework for 2.0. With
> APR, it'll kick ass, and it'll have so many process options
> that everyone's happy.
>
> Dean may disagree, but I think that's his real talent. Looking
> at something and reducing it to it's basics and then revamping
> it.

Heh, Dean definately agrees.  I have difficulty focusing on coding for
long stretches, my main unstated goal with mpm was to break open enough
things to get other people interested in coding, and give them a place to
begin coding.

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> How do you want to handle MPM patches? Feed through you or apply
> to the tree directly?

I'm totally happy with folks applying them to the tree directly -- if I
see something I don't like, I'll shout.  There'll be some difficulty not
stepping on each other -- but I think things are dividing up well.

Dean