Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pieter Temmerman <pt...@sadiel.es> on 2009/03/02 18:13:53 UTC

Re: Slightly OT: ApacheCon - Mark Thomas

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.
It's not 100% sure yet, but it seems my company is willing to pay to
attend your training. I'm crossing my fingers! :-)

Just one last question.
The Tomcat pre-conference training, is it spread over 2 days, or are the
2 sessions identical?

Thanks

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 20:12 +0000, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Pieter Temmerman wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Actually this question is more a question for Mark Thomas than for the
> > list, but please feel free to respond with your input.
> >
> > I'm trying to convince my bosses to let me attend to the upcoming
> > ApacheCon. I'm mainly interested in the Tomcat topics as this is what I
> > touch regularly in my work environment.
> >
> > All topics, beginning the pre-conference training courses till Fridays
> > "Becoming a Tomcat super user" seem very interesting.
> > The only problem is that I will have to pick, since I'm quite sure my
> > bosses won't like to pay 2000+ euros and me being a week "out".
> >
> > So I was wondering, does the pre-conference topic "Everything Tomcat -
> > Administering, Tuning, Troubleshooting & Developing" cover more or less
> > the different Tomcat topics handled during the actual conference?
>
> There is quite a lot of overlap but some topics will be covered in more
> detail in the conference (Filip and Servlet 3.0 for example)
>
> In terms of maximum content for minimum time the 2 day tutorial is
> probably best.
>
> If at all possible I would try and attend at least some of the
> conference as well. It isn't just the other presentations but the
> opportunity to talk to the presenters and other attendees.
>
> HTH,
>
> Mark

Pieter Temmerman
email: ptemmerman.ext@sadiel.es
skype: ptemmerman.sadiel

SADIEL TECNOLOGÍAS DE LA INFORMACIÓN, S.A. http://www.sadiel.es.

Re: Slightly OT: ApacheCon - Mark Thomas

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Pieter Temmerman wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> It's not 100% sure yet, but it seems my company is willing to pay to
> attend your training. I'm crossing my fingers! :-)
>
> Just one last question.
> The Tomcat pre-conference training, is it spread over 2 days, or are the
> 2 sessions identical?

It is two days. The sessions are not identical.

Hope to see you there.

Mark