Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2014/02/09 01:33:20 UTC

[VOTE] 3.1RC1

I just prepared the release artifacts. Rat and testing results were mentioned in a separate thread. Please evaluate and cast your votes.

Maven artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1000/
Assemblies:      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1RC1/

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
+1

Thanks Andrus!

mrg

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
The most obvious potential source of incompatibility when compiling with a newer JDK, targeting an older one is overlooking code referencing newer APIs. Such code will compile, but fail in runtime with ClassNotFound or similar exceptions. Luckily we are protected from that by Jenkins already.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Explaining "legacy" app

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Feb 11, 2014, at 10:27 AM, John Huss <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the mac
> one - I had to use the legacy modeler although I have jdk 7 installed (but
> it is not the default).  I'm on OS X 10.8.5.  It would be nice to add
> something to the readme to explain the which systems the two modelers are
> intended for.  Someone new to Cayenne may not realize that these are really
> the same app and instead think the "legacy" one is an inferior version.

Good point. I will add it to the Mac readme for the final release.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I've done part of my checkout and will finish this weekend.

I tried to compare the JARs I built from the source distribution with the
JARs from the pre-built distributions and kept getting some differences in
the .class files which I used to not get in the past.  I'm going to assume
these are compiler-related (different versions, etc) and move on.

mrg

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 3.1RC1

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Looks good. +1. It looks like the maven release plugin left behind a bit of cruft in the source directories compared to the raw svn. There are a few "pom.xml.releaseBackup" files. Nothing to worry about,  but maybe we want to avoid  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-758 by upgrading the maven release plugin past 2.3.1.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis