Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be> on 2003/10/06 09:02:00 UTC

Running demo publications

Hi there,

looking at the archives I get the feeling that the list is dead (last
updated in july)....but anyway I am going to give it a try.
I am a newbie to Lenya and I want to learn about the concepts to see if we
can use it in one of our projects. I took me a while (blood, sweat...but no
tears) but I got the CVS-version with the UNICOM (also cvs version)
up-and-running.

Patch
Javascript didn't seem to work and I wasn't able to use the ADMIN area of
the publication. In order to get it working I changed the following tag in
the ./lenya/admin.xmap from <map:flow language="JavaScript"> to <map:flow
language="javascript"> (lowercase).

Question 1
Editing with BXENG results in a blank webpage. The Tomcat console reports
the following error
841109 2003-10-06 08:35:11,395 [Thread-19] ERROR
org.apache.lenya.xml.Configuration  - No such property:
org.apache.lenya.xps.XLinkInterpreter.cacheFolder
What am I doing wrong?

Question 2
Using the "Edit with Forms" function only the title and the description of
the page can be changed (what about the body?). Hitting the SAVE-button
results in: Message: Prefix must resolve to a namespace: xhtml (Check log
files for more details: lenya/WEB-INF/logs/*)
The log-file says the following:
ERROR   (2003-10-06) 08:38.49:559   [sitemap.action.save]
(/lenya/unicom/authoring/index.html) Thread-17/HTMLFormSaveAction: .act():
Exception: Prefix must resolve to a namespace: xhtml
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Prefix must resolve to a
namespace: xhtml
Any idea what is going wrong?

Question 3 - Admin area
None of the admin editing functions seem to work in my webapp. For example,
trying to edit a user results in:ReferenceError: "getUserManager" is not
defined.
(file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/admin/users/user
-admin.js; line 7)
I don't know much of the "Cocoon Control Flow" feature but looking in the
user-admin script I see a call to a function which isn't defined.

I don't know if it is related to my problems but the error log file shows a
bunch of error messages lik this one:
ERROR   (2003-10-06) 08:21.14:371   [core.store.persistent] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/DefaultStore: Exception during initialization of jisp store.
java.io.EOFException

Regards,

Danny Bols

Re: Running demo publications

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

<snip />

> I'm not sure if the BXENG interface is already completed.
> You could try the default publication, I think Michael has
> started to integrate BXENG there.

yes, I just integrated it, but sometimes the loading just stops. I am
currently investigating ...

Thanks

Michael

Re: Running demo publications

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
"Danny Bols" <db...@osirion.be> writes:

> I wonder if I should still use the cocoon-2.1.M.1 version......in the
> admin.xmap I see the "Javascript" tag is converted to lowercase?

AFAIK Andreas upgraded the admin area to work with Cocoon 2.1. You
should be able to use Cocoon 2.1 now.

I think Michi wants to do some more testing and do an official
announcement, so you might want to wait for that (or do some beta
testing :-).

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

RE: Running demo publications

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.
Andreas,

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
[..]

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:

[...]

> I just checked the web page on
> cocoon.apache.org/lenya/community/mailing-lists.html where it refers
> to the archives at www.mail-archive.com and at
> marc.theaimsgroup.com. These don't seem to be very well maintained
> (theaimsgroup only has an archive until July, the mail-archive doesn't
> seem to find lenya-user at all).
>
> Maybe we should simply remove them and refer to gmane?

Can't we find out how to improve the maintenance?

Andreas

Re: Running demo publications

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> writes:

> Danny Bols wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > looking at the archives I get the feeling that the list is dead (last
> > updated in july)....but anyway I am going to give it a try.
>
> There's quite a lot of traffic on the list - which archive are you
> using?

In fact there is quite a little bit of traffic.

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.

BXENG is not available in my default publication.
Using "Editing with FORMS " seems to work, but only the title and
description can be edited.

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> writes:

> >Maybe it's better to remove them from  the mailing list page of the
> >apache-lenya website.
>
> +1 remove them

I just removed them in CVS. Maybe someone with the appropriate
permissions should update the website.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Danny Bols wrote:

>Thanks for your quick response
>

>>Danny Bols wrote:
>>

>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>looking at the archives I get the feeling that the list is dead (last
>>>updated in july)....but anyway I am going to give it a try.
>>>

>>There's quite a lot of traffic on the list - which archive are you
>>using?
>>

>No traffic in these lists
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-user&r=1&w=2
>and/or
>http://www.mail-archive.com/

I have sent them a couple of emails, but they never replied ...

>Maybe it's better to remove them from  the mailing list page of the
>apache-lenya website.

+1 remove them

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Danny Bols wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> looking at the archives I get the feeling that the list is dead (last
> updated in july)....but anyway I am going to give it a try.

There's quite a lot of traffic on the list - which archive are you
using?

> I am a newbie to Lenya and I want to learn about the concepts to see if we
> can use it in one of our projects. I took me a while (blood, sweat...but no
> tears) but I got the CVS-version with the UNICOM (also cvs version)
> up-and-running.
>
> Patch
> Javascript didn't seem to work and I wasn't able to use the ADMIN area of
> the publication. In order to get it working I changed the following tag in
> the ./lenya/admin.xmap from <map:flow language="JavaScript"> to <map:flow
> language="javascript"> (lowercase).

I guess you're using Cocoon 2.1 Release or later? The CVS code is still
suited for Cocoon 2.1-M1, which requires the uppercase key.

> Question 1
> Editing with BXENG results in a blank webpage. The Tomcat console reports
> the following error
> 841109 2003-10-06 08:35:11,395 [Thread-19] ERROR
> org.apache.lenya.xml.Configuration  - No such property:
> org.apache.lenya.xps.XLinkInterpreter.cacheFolder
> What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure if the BXENG interface is already completed.
You could try the default publication, I think Michael has
started to integrate BXENG there.

> Question 3 - Admin area
> None of the admin editing functions seem to work in my webapp. For example,
> trying to edit a user results in:ReferenceError: "getUserManager" is not
> defined.
> (file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/admin/users/user
> -admin.js; line 7)
> I don't know much of the "Cocoon Control Flow" feature but looking in the
> user-admin script I see a call to a function which isn't defined.

The same as above. You have to use Cocoon-2.1-M1.

> I don't know if it is related to my problems but the error log file shows a
> bunch of error messages lik this one:
> ERROR   (2003-10-06) 08:21.14:371   [core.store.persistent] (Unknown-URI)
> Unknown-thread/DefaultStore: Exception during initialization of jisp store.
> java.io.EOFException

This doesn't matter.

HTH,
Andreas