Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Le Zhou <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/30 02:19:22 UTC

How to write multiple lines on one label?

Hi everyone,

How to insert new line into the text of a label?

In C, or Java text as "abc\ndef" will be shown as follows:

abc
def

but if I have one label like <Label text="abc\ndef"/>, the text shown on
this label is:

abc\ndef

Is there any esapce charactor or method to insert a new line into the text
on the label, just the '\n' in C or Java?

Thanks!

Re: How to write multiple lines on one label?

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Roger has just fixed it, the related issue (now resolved, for 2.0.3) is:

Just for general info ...

Bye,
Sandro

Re: How to write multiple lines on one label?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
The Label component doesn't support carriage returns. However, you can use a non-editable TextArea to show line breaks:

<TextArea text="abc\ndef" editable="false"/>