Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Nitin Gupta <Ni...@e-zest.in> on 2015/04/09 16:32:20 UTC

Extending Kafka Spout

Hi All,

I am using Kafka spout to pull messages from Kafka Queue and send it to Bolt for further processing. Sometimes my bolt take longer time than the timeout set and the Spout doesn't receive an acknowledgment.

I want to update a table in the DB only if the acknowledgment is received by KafkaSpout.  I extended the Kafka spout and have overriden the ack method.
In the ack method I need the message that I had put in the Kafka Queue .  Is there a way to get the value from the Kafka queue .

All the variables in the KafkaSpout are having default package modifier so I cannot access them directly. The only way is to create a package by the same name where the KafkaSpout is placed .

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Gupta