Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com> on 2005/08/08 05:53:06 UTC

Registering a custom ISqueezeAdaptor (was: What is a "strategy," and how do I write one?)

OK, I've managed to register my own CustomSqueezeAdaptor by
implementing PageAttachListener and using the following code:

     private static boolean squeezerRegistered;

     @InjectObject("service:tapestry.data.DataSqueezer")
     public abstract DataSqueezer getDataSqueezer();

     public void pageAttached(PageEvent event)
         {
         synchronized(InnigBasePage.class)
             {
             if(!squeezerRegistered)
                 {
                 new CustomSqueezeAdaptor().register(getDataSqueezer());
                 squeezerRegistered = true;
                 }
             }
         }

It works, but it's pretty crummy. Surely there is -- or should be --
a way to do this entirely from my hivemodule.xml?

Cheers,

Paul