Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com> on 2008/01/30 11:37:38 UTC

Problem in running the http upload application tutorial Example

I have follow all the step to create http upload application given in the
tutorial of servicemix successfully.
The deployable of the application is successfully deployed on the
servicemix.
When I create a client and try to upload a file using the appliaction
following exception displayed in the browser:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <error>
- <![CDATA[
javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException: HandlerBean.onProviderExchange():
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.HandlerBean.onProviderExchange(HandlerBean.java:173)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.HandlerBean.onMessageExchange(HandlerBean.java:56)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.bean.BeanEndpoint.onProviderExchange(BeanEndpoint.java:235)
	at org.apache.servicemix.bean.BeanEndpoint.process(BeanEndpoint.java:211)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.doProcess(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:538)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:490)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLifeCycle.java:46)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:610)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.java:170)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doRouting(SedaFlow.java:167)
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue$1.run(SedaQueue.java:134)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  ]]>
  </error>

And following exception appear on the console of servicemix:

ERROR - BeanComponent                  - Error processing exchange InOut[
  id: ID:10.105.115.61-117c979d8b4-10:2
  status: Active
  role: provider
  service: {http://www.servicemix.org/example}httphandler
  endpoint: handlerEndpoint
  in: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><payload/>
]
[...]

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Puneet Jain

Re: Problem in running the http upload application tutorial Example

Posted by lhe <lr...@web.de>.
Puneet,

I am trying to help you out of this.

The problem lies somewhere inside this try-catch-Block:

try
                            {
                            fileName = it.next().toString();
                            content = in.getAttachment(fileName);

                            File f = File.createTempFile("tmp_", fileName);
                            FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(f);
                            content.writeTo(fos);
                            fos.flush();
                            fos.close();

                            // for the sake of simplicity only return the
file received as attachment
                            NormalizedMessage out =
exchange.createMessage();

                            // set the content to dummy xml tag
                            out.setContent(new StringSource("<payload/>"));

                            FileDataSource fds = new FileDataSource(f);
                            InputStream is = fds.getInputStream();

                            // create a handler for the attachment
                            DataHandler dh = new DataHandler(new
StreamDataSource(is, fds.getContentType()));

                            // and add it to the message
                            out.addAttachment(fileName, dh);

                            // prepare and send the exchange
                            exchange.setMessage(out, "out");
                            channel.send(exchange);

                            f.deleteOnExit();
                            }
                        catch (IOException ex)
                            {
                            throw new
MessagingException("HandlerBean.onProviderExchange(): " +
ex.getLocalizedMessage());
                            }

Please do an output in the catch-Block printing out the IOException stack
trace. Put the line in front of the throw statement.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,
Lars

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi Lars,

Thanks a lot for ur time u gave to look into my problem.
Meanwhile i have rectified the problem. Actually in the code of
MarshallerHandler.java and HandlerBean.java there is a statement which
creates a temprary file and filename is prepanded by "tmp_" and appended by
the filename coming in the request.

File f = File.createTempFile("tmp_", fileName);

Since its a http file upload control it give the complete path of the file
which may contains "\". So it trys to create a file which contains the "\"
in it and that the problem. File system do not allow to create such a file
and throw a IO exception, which later on converted into MessagingException
in the catch block.

I have rectified the code and problem is resolved now.

Thanks,
Puneet Jain

Posted by lhe77 <la...@compart.net>.
Tribon,

it would be nice if you could add some hint to the tutorial for those people
facing the same problem.

Thanks in advance,
Lars