Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/04 13:19:11 UTC

Re: ActiveMQComponent leaves threads running in WL

Hi

In recent code on Apache camel trunk we fixed a race condition
shutting down Camel with a JMS consumer.
However the stacktraces did not hint it was the failover transport.

Anyway you could try the latest snapshot code to see how goes.

And I suggest to ask/search the AMQ user forum as well as its a "stop"
AMQ issue.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM, arhan <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ and Camel to route messages in an application that is
> deployed in Weblogic 10. THe code is something like this:
>
> from("activemq:queue:QueueName").to(someSpringBean);
>
> When I try to stop the application from the WL's UI console, it refuses to
> die gracefully. When I tried to connect to WL with a debugger, and see the
> thread dump after the application shutdown I can see the following:
>
> ActiveMQ Task@10 daemon, priority=5, in group 'Pooled Threads', status:
> 'WAIT'
>  at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:-1)
>  at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport.doReconnect(FailoverTransport.java:759)
>  at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport$2.iterate(FailoverTransport.java:115)
>  at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:122)
>  at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:43)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

> daemon, priority=5, in group 'Pooled Threads', status: 'WAIT'
>  at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Unsafe.java:-1)
>  at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:146)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1
> 803)
>  at java.util.concurrent.DelayQueue.take(DelayQueue.java:135)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:504)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:497)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:470)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:674)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>

> Tried both, with embedded AMQ and also with a standalone one, configured to
> the failover transort (e.g. failover:(tcp://...) )
>
> Did anyone encounter this kind of problem?
>
> Thx,
> Anton

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer