Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2006/05/15 19:15:16 UTC

Apache Mirrors: Change to excludes and size warning

Two quick notes for apache mirror maintainers:

1. We have added
excludes = *.md5 *.MD5
to our server config file for apache-site and apache-dist.  Veryifying
against a signature from the mirrors may give a false sense of security.
 We prefer that downloaders get the signature from a different source.

2. While we have long asked mirrors to supply up to 10GB of space, I see
the total size of apache-dist will soon surpass that.  I will try to get
our projects to do some cleanup, but in the medium term, mirrors can
probably expect apache-dist to grow to the 15 to 20GB range as more
projects are added and as more projects choose to distribute
consolidated releases including many dependencies.

Please let us know (either on this list, or in the issue tracker at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/) if you see any problems.

Joshua.
Apache Software Foundation
--