Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Robert Dodier <do...@bechtel.Colorado.EDU> on 2000/03/03 22:58:15 UTC

[slightly offtopic] Links in Xerces web pages to unreachable W3C pages

Hello all,

Some of the Xerces web pages at xml.apache.org refer to pages at
W3C which are not reachable without authorization. The DTD for
the schema language is like that:

  http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/1999/09/23-xmlschema/structures/structures.dtd

which is mentioned on http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/schema.html.
I found another one like that, but I don't remember where.

I don't think it's appropriate to direct links to password-
protected pages -- certainly not for the DTD.

Sorry for this misguided message -- I couldn't find someone to send
this to on the xml.apache.org web pages;
no webmaster or maintainer mentioned there, AFAIK.

Regards,
Robert Dodier