Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by serg-l <se...@tut.by> on 2009/04/08 13:16:22 UTC

Several problems with T5.1.0.2

Hi!
I'm found strange things when try T5.1.0.2...
Under mvn jetty:run everything work properly...

1. When I'm perform integration tests (mvn test), after testing of several
pages I'm receive java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

2. When I'm perform mvn package, install war, launch Jetty and try manually
test form with Zone, I'm receive something like that:
Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be
handled. Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String,
java.net.URL, org.apache.tapestry5.Link,
org.apache.tapestry5.StreamResponse, org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component.
Also I'm see that some PageLinks incorrectly displays in status bar and also
don't work properly.

If it need I'm give additional explanations...
Under T5.1.0.1 I'm don't have this problems.

Thanks.

Re: Several problems with T5.1.0.2

Posted by serg-l <se...@tut.by>.
Thnks Andy,
I'm increase memory if it need. But the second thing is more significant.
Now I'm just say that something happens with T5.1.0.2 against T5.1.0.1 (I'm
do nothing with my sources) and this prevent me to use T5.1.0.2. May be
somebody also carefully manually check installed application and we found
the cause or in result I'm understand that problem is inside my sources...

Re: Several problems with T5.1.0.2

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@gmail.com>.
serg-l schrieb:
> Hi!
> I'm found strange things when try T5.1.0.2...
> Under mvn jetty:run everything work properly...
>
> 1. When I'm perform integration tests (mvn test), after testing of several
> pages I'm receive java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Yeah, we have two kinds of unit tests in place: regular unit tests and
kind of "integration tests" where we use JUnit as a tool. Those
integration tests always use a lof of memory, because a spring context
is used, real database connections and all the bells and whistles.

We saw those OutOfMemory exceptions on a regular basis for our
integratiuon tests, but never for unit tests.

Our solution was to give maven a little bit more memory than the default
by setting the environment variable
   MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx256m

Please try that. It might be that your problem is unrelated to T5.

256m is a high value. You may also have good results by using 128m or
less...

Andy

> 2. When I'm perform mvn package, install war, launch Jetty and try manually
> test form with Zone, I'm receive something like that:
> Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be
> handled. Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String,
> java.net.URL, org.apache.tapestry5.Link,
> org.apache.tapestry5.StreamResponse, org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component.
> Also I'm see that some PageLinks incorrectly displays in status bar and also
> don't work properly.

Can't say anything about that, sorry.

Posted by serg-l <se...@tut.by>.
I'm found were is the problem...

It's appear only when tapestry.production-mode=true.
As I'm understand in this mode all JavaScripts gather in one virtual .js.
But one of my script have comment at the last line!!!!!
The next script added to the end of previous one without CL, so the meaning
line of the second script became commented...
I'm solve the problem, but IMHO it's need to change virtual file gathering
in order to prevent such a situation.

Re: Several problems with T5.1.0.2

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:16 AM, serg-l <se...@tut.by> wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm found strange things when try T5.1.0.2...
> Under mvn jetty:run everything work properly...
>
> 1. When I'm perform integration tests (mvn test), after testing of several
> pages I'm receive java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

You'd really think this would be just the opposite, as Tapestry is
getting more thrifty with memory. What are you memory settings when
you run your tests?

Remember that with Maven you never quite know what your environment is
day to day ... this could as easily be a change in Jetty as a change
in Tapestry!

> 2. When I'm perform mvn package, install war, launch Jetty and try manually
> test form with Zone, I'm receive something like that:
> Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be
> handled. Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String,
> java.net.URL, org.apache.tapestry5.Link,
> org.apache.tapestry5.StreamResponse, org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component.
> Also I'm see that some PageLinks incorrectly displays in status bar and also
> don't work properly.

This would indicate that a Zone-oriented partial update was processed
as a full page event request. That shouldn't be possible, with the
code in place to protect against this on the client side. Was this
Form on the page initially, or was it added via a Zone?

> If it need I'm give additional explanations...
> Under T5.1.0.1 I'm don't have this problems.
>
> Thanks.

Howard M. Lewis Ship