Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 18:34:23 UTC

Continuum 1.1

Hi,

Could you tell us when they are releasing Continuum 1.1 release and whats
the current state of the continuum 1.1 build.

I had extracted the code from the repository and built the code but it is
not building plexus application module.
The followed the instructions in the read me file. I noticed the
continuum-plexus-application module and few other modules are
commented in the top level pom.xml file so there is no
target/plexus-test-runtime directory. When I include the commented modules,
I am getting following error.
To try continuum 1.1 do we have to build it locally or can we download from
continuum build site.

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Continuum Plexus Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean:clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory C:\continuum\continuum-plexus-application\target
[INFO] Deleting directory
C:\continuum\continuum-plexus-application\target\class
es
[INFO] Deleting directory
C:\continuum\continuum-plexus-application\target\test-
classes
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'plexus-application'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.mav
en.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingplexus-application.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 55 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Sep 11 11:28:13 PDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 75M/204M
[INFO]

C:\continuum>

To start continuum:

 $ cd continuum-plexus-application\target\plexus-test-runtime
 $ .\bin\plexus.bat

--
-Gautham Pamu

Re: Continuum 1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 11 Sep 06, at 6:42 PM 11 Sep 06, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> you can try branches/continuum-acegi that works and is where a lot of
> work has been done lately

That branch is not going to be merged with trunk so I would not
recommend using it. It is a discussion for the Continuum developers
and as yet, i'm not convinced of the viability of that branch and
would vote -1 for merge to trunk if a vote were to be cast right now.
If it's not in trunk it's not official and potentially never going to
be supported by the community at large.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org

Re: Continuum 1.1

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Continuum 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
continuum-plexus-application is an old module that we'll remove probably
in few weeks.

If you want to run continuum trunk, copy continuum-webapp war in web
contianer and run it

Emmanuel