Posted to builds@apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2015/06/15 21:48:21 UTC

Potential Power loaner hardware for CI purposes

IBM has loaner hardware that could be targeted towards that CI
infrastructure, assuming the ASF has sufficient floor space/cooling/etc.
and are willing to integrate Power into our CI infrastructure.

If there is interest, let me know and I will connect the right parties
together to discuss the details.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Potential Power loaner hardware for CI purposes

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> IBM has loaner hardware that could be targeted towards that CI
> infrastructure, assuming the ASF has sufficient floor space/cooling/etc.
> and are willing to integrate Power into our CI infrastructure.
>
> If there is interest, let me know and I will connect the right parties
> together to discuss the details.

At Hadoop summit there was some interest in leveraging Power CI slaves
for Hadoop builds/testing.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Potential Power loaner hardware for CI purposes

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
So to followup on this. I met with Lance from OSUOSL last night.
OSUOSL currently has power and cooling capacity to take on additional
Power nodes - but not in our existing racks.
They are currently running a small private cloud with Power, and
offered that they could essentially take hardware, allocate a quota to
us, and just provide us with API access rather than us having to
manage hardware and manage a new arch (a cost that OSUOSL staffers
have already paid), we can then consume that compute capacity via the
API.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
We still have a lot of space left at FUB.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.