Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Sharma, Ashutosh" <As...@gs.com> on 2007/01/23 21:31:55 UTC

Upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3

In the upgrade.txt-it's mentioned that:
Step 3: Modify costum mailets if necessary
    Please note the following things which were changed. So maybe its
necessary for you to
    change some stuff in your mailets.

    Avalon updates:

      o  avalon Component has been replaced by avalon Service
      o  avalon Composable has been replaced by avalon Serviceable
      o  avalon ComponentManager has been replaced by avalon
ServiceManager

    Cornerstone updates:

    o  MailStore interface has been removed: mailets looking up the
MailStore should now lookup
       a Store (org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.store.Store)

I have one custom java matcher-I have put it at
<JAMES_INSTALL_DIR>/apps/james/SAR-INF

But it is still not recognized. In this java file I am using some of the
APIs of 2.2 which are deprecated now.
Please help

With Best Regards:
Ashutosh Sharma

RE: Upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3

Posted by "Sharma, Ashutosh" <As...@gs.com>.
Somehow putting in the classes doesn't work.
If we put inside lib it works. Strange but it is like this-atleast for
me.

You have to recompile your mailet and you have to place the resulting
class inside <JAMES_INSTALL_DIR>/apps/james/SAR-INF/classes or create a
jar and put it inside <JAMES_INSTALL_DIR>/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib

Stefano

Re: Upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.