Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <ta...@pythys.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/07 10:55:21 UTC

Re: Open Source Enterprise Job Scheduler with Ofbiz in Production

Hello,

The quetion is probably too broad for any recommendation. It really depends. It also depends on the task being scheduled and how much complexity do you need in the scheduling. If it is just a frequency thing, then maybe cron is a perfectly suitable solution. If on the other hand you have complex scheduling then other solutions might fit. IT also depends on your environment. Are you on docker / container manager (e.g. swarm, kubernets) then there are automation tools over there.

The bottom line, the question is hard to answer. It Depends! You need to be specific with your problem and specific with your environment for people to help you with recommendations

On Thursday, May 07, 2020 13:36 +03, Sakthivel Vellingiri <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Thanks Eugen for the response, i'm looking for recommendations in Open
Source Enterprise Jobscheduler for Windows & Unix in the likes of Tidal
Workload Automation > https://www.tidalsoftware.com/, Autosys Workload
Automation etc, Appreciate any pointers.

Posted by Sakthivel Vellingiri <in...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nicola and Taher for the responses

@Taher - I like the simplicity of the solution and using gradle for
dependencies which seems to be missing in the native cron or windows jobs,
but one caveat is to maintain two different solutions for Windows and
Linux, but since the features are native to the OS, we may still be able to
live with this, thanks for including the details

@Nicola - Understood Camel is a great integration option, but for the
usecase in hand i'm not able to comprehend how it fits.

Posted by Nicola Mazzoni <ni...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi Sakthivel,
I suggest you try Apache Camel, through Cron or Quartz components you can
perfectly manage any scheduling. Furthermore Camel being EIP compliant, you
can manage any type of integration using any component (webservice, email,
ftp ...).

--
Nicola Mazzoni

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 347/9905529

www.mpstyle.it

Re: Open Source Enterprise Job Scheduler with Ofbiz in Production

Posted by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com>.

--
Eugen Stan
+40720 898 747 / netdava.com

Re: Open Source Enterprise Job Scheduler with Ofbiz in Production

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <ta...@pythys.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sakthivel Vellingiri <in...@gmail.com>.