Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by deaddowney <sp...@mac.com> on 2008/11/27 12:20:54 UTC

Dependency on Zip of Jars

I have two projects.  One produces a zip file containing its built jars and
the other is dependent on the first (among other things).  When the second
needs to build, it needs that zip unpacked and those jars all put in a
directory somewhere.  How is this done?

>From what I've read it sounds like I could use the packager resolver.
However how do I specify my dependencies in ivy.xml?  Am I dependent on the
one zip or the individual jars in the zip?

Re: Dependency on Zip of Jars

Posted by Jim White <ji...@pagesmiths.com>.
That's a job for the Packager Resolver.

http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/

Jim

Re: Dependency on Zip of Jars

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@dellroad.org>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:20 AM, deaddowney <sp...@mac.com> wrote:

> From what I've read it sounds like I could use the packager resolver.
> However how do I specify my dependencies in ivy.xml?  Am I dependent on the
> one zip or the individual jars in the zip?

You would depend on the individual JAR files. Think of the packager resolver
as a normal resolver with support for an optional "extra step" in the
download process. This extra step allows you to unpack and extract files
from whatever it downloaded. So you download an archive, but what is
resolved is the stuff in the archive.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs