Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io> on 2017/03/09 18:24:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-incubating-rc1

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache
Mynewt 1.0.0.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.0.0+Test+Results
  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.12.3
       * Linux Ubuntu 14.04.4

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-incubating/rc1/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-blinky
  commit 15496854000a2b0cc9d19c05e069d18be313fa28
core:
  repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-core
  commit 0db6321a75deda126943aa187842da6b977cd1c1
newt:
  repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-newt
  commit c42ebdce8c278a00fa8d68ed342c45cd22e44dfb

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-incubating/rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.0.0-incubating.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-incubating/rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.0.0-incubating.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.
[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

—

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-incubating-rc1

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 10:24:32AM -0800, marko kiiskila wrote:
> [X] +1 Release this package

+1 (Binding)

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-incubating-rc1

Posted by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Wayne

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
+1

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
 +1 (binding)

Posted by "David G. Simmons" <sa...@mac.com>.

Posted by Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io>.
I tested Bootloader / blinky on the following boards:

ada_feather_nrf52
arduino_m0_pro
arduino_zero_pro
nrf51-blenano
nrf52dk
rb-nano2

Everything works fine.

[x ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Regards,
Vipul Rahane