Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by sajjad sheikh <sa...@outlook.com> on 2016/02/13 02:22:22 UTC

Fw: openoffice writer guide 2.0 (column)

don't you guys think hes wrong?
Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 13-Feb-16 12:22, sajjad sheikh wrote:
> don't you guys think hes wrong?

First you send a question about the writer guide to the user group on
Feb 9^th I asked for chapter / page
reference and got an answer from Rory.
In a further communication with the documentation group (Feb 12^th ) you
didn't copy the user group.
Unhappy with the answer from Keith you try to involve the user group again.

Both answers from Rory and Keith are correct. The reason I asked the
chapter / page numbers is the
way columns are filled depend on how and where you define the columns.
If you define column settings
at the page format settings it works differently as when you define
columns in a frame or section where
you have the option to balance the columns.

So to answer your question is he is wrong is no, basically your question
was not clear.
Your question to the user group had no reference to a writer guide.
Your question to the documentation group had a reference to the 2.0
writer guide.
So how do you expect that you get a clear answer?