Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/21 14:42:50 UTC

Limit Mail Box Size

Hi,

Good morning.

Is there a way we can limit the mail box size for each user?

Thanks, Sai.

Re: Limit Mail Box Size

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Sai,

There is the MailboxQuotaFixed
       <mailet match="MailboxQuotaFixed=200m" class="ToProcessor">
         <processor>bounces</processor>
       </mailet>
It reads all them mails from inbox and sums the size, which is rather
inefficient (see JAMES-1198).

There is also MAILBOX-64 with existing implementation in mailbox-api and
mailbox-store, but no implementation today in any of the concrete
mailboxes (jpa, maildir...). This will allow to do much more efficient
and flexible (per user, per folder,...), but there is some work out-there.

Thx,
Eric

Re: Limit Mail Box Size

Posted by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com>.