Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by gschen <go...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2011/10/24 04:23:45 UTC

Does hadoop use epoll to manage the network read/write/errors events?

Hi guys,

I am new to hadoop. And I have a question about hadoop:

does hadoop use epoll to manage all the network read/write/error events?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

                     Justin

Re: Does hadoop use epoll to manage the network read/write/errors events?

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
> I am new to hadoop. And I have a question about hadoop:
>
> does hadoop use epoll to manage all the network read/write/error
> events?
Hadoop uses NIO. So, through nio, epoll/wait will be used.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>                     Justin

Regards,